26 June 2012

Insect World


Since I haven't posted much in a while I went digging through some old work and found this on my hard drive. Really old stuff but strangely I dont hate all of it, so I'll drop it here. Looking back at this, I would have brought the characters closer to the camera so the perspective is more extreme. The boy character could have done with a more natural pose rather than that mechanical walk hes doing. But I do like the colours a bit even though there is no focus.

EDIT: Bah! This looks way better as a thumbnail. Once you zoom in, you can see its shit!

6 comments:

Callum Strachan said...

Love this, should work it into a fully rendered final piece I reckon. I like the waterycolour touch, really works for the background especially. Had you just watched Arrietty or something?

libra bear said...

Great work Ben, I really love the translucence og the leaves and the mushrooms. And how you ve captured the tiny world

Ben Ho said...

Wez is that you?

Tristan Silva said...

:b If the thumbnail looks good, than it is good in terms of lighting, composition ext. Looks good man, nice warm colours.

libra bear said...

Yes it is I...erm Wes :)

Lea Verhoeve said...

Especially the lightning, transparency, soft edge and colors look really very nice to me.