30 November 2011

Christmas!!!!!!



A little early for this buuuuuuuuut I wanted to wish the readers on here a Merry Christmas!!!!!
This was fun to make. I have been looking into artwork made for animation a bit recently which influenced the look of this piece. Before starting this I was wondering how I wanted the rendering to be done, whether to let the drawing do the work or the painting. In the end I decided to keep a prominent drawing and so the paint work would have to sit back a bit, so the form and contrasts are a little more washed out. Trying to go for a tight render with all that outline from the drawing will conflict with the form you try to convey with painting so I let that stay simple here.
You may have wondered where I have been with the updates... well one of the excuses is the new Zelda game, Skyward Sword! Its an early Christmas present hehe and its been fantastic so far! I feel like a little boy again :P

1 comment:

SirOiLaS said...

Do I see some 'How to train your dragon' influence in the creature design there? :) Anyway. I like this style of combining colour with line a lot. I m also glad your back to posting so I can see your juicy art :)