2 March 2010

Play the Game

A piece for the AIB Jumble blog. The topic was 'sport' as chosen by me :P I had a look through for some football/ sport slogans to add with the image and found some really good ones. Heres a few:
"All it takes is all you've got."
"Winning is a habit, success is a choice."
"Good. Better. Best. Never let it rest until your good is better and your better is best."

In a way this art business is like a sport. You have to treat yourself like an athlete. Be disciplined and exercise your skill or you will slow down and lose form. Good things dont come easy that is why I think it comes down to a question of "how badly do you want it?" If you want it badly enough, you will keep pushing and keep training. Because as long as you are improving you will eventually reach your goal. Then when you reach that first goal you set a higher standard and train to reach that.

EDIT: Been in one of those moments again where I feel daunted by how much I still need to learn and was wondering if I could ever get there :P So I went to look back at my first digital paintings from 4 years ago. OMG Im going to say 'what the hell' and go ahead and embarass myself by linking to them here. Its an odd feling looking back at these. I feel embarrassed, outraged (:P) and all these negative feelings towards these old pieces. But also... I feel encouraged to have moved on from those crap. So I hope I can keep improving and in another 4 years time I should be a lot better! Just got to keep going!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

PaoYunSoo said...

getting better and better man, keep drawing !

Ben Ho said...

Cheers Paul! Got a lot to learn!!!!! Maybe see you in Annecy?