29 August 2008

He Who Follows the Wind


Something I did whilst being caught up in the olympics hype. The news that Liu Xiang was forced out of his competition by injury was pretty devastatng. But he is still a great hero of the games.
I tried a few different techniques on this piece, which was referanced. I think I learnt a thing or two more about lighting. Painting skintones is something I need to get to grips with better though I think I picked up bits about it in this study. Played around with some filters on this too :P

2 comments:

Nubian Greene said...

i was dissapointed when I read you used filters,yet I found no lens flare.

that would have made it so much better.

Good job though...*sigh*

Ben Ho said...

Awesome idea! You really are worthy of the name N00B! Haha jk :P
Oh yeah, I also used a program called Alchemy o make some random shapes for the lil crude graphics hes jumping over. Mixed that with a poster edge filter and guarsian blur before painting into it again.